Join Steve Holyhead for an in-depth discussion in this video Using segment-based effects and nesting effects, part of Migrating from Final Cut Pro 7 to Avid Media Composer 5.5.
In Final Cut Pro we access video filters from the Effects menu and this is what…allows us to create an effect across the duration of a clip rather than at the…transition point between two clips.…In Media Composer, these types of effects are referred to as segment based…effects and they are accessed from the Effects palette.…Here in the beginning of my sequence I have a clip that already has a Timewarp effect on it.…If I wanted to add now another segment based effect on top of that, first I…browse for the category that I'm interested in.…
In this case, the Blend category contains the Picture-in-Picture effect and…that's what I am going to start out with.…So I am going to drag the Picture-in- Picture effect from the Effects palette and…drop it on top of the first clip in my sequence.…You can see that the result is immediate and I can play that back.…(Music playing)…So, so far we have managed to apply a segment based effect without having to…go into Effects mode.…If I'm happy with the default effect, I can move on and start creating other…
- Working with clips, bins, folders and the project window
- Customizing user settings and keyboard layout
- Importing video, audio, and graphics
- Accessing clips from other projects
- Comparing backup structure
- Organizing media and project assets
- Understanding media resolution and locations
- Editing in the timeline
- Mixing audio
- Compositing with keyframes
- Creating titles
- Color correcting footage
- Preparing and outputting master sequences
Skill Level Beginner
1. Comparing Interface and Application Basics
2. Understanding Media, Projects, and Levels of Organization
Comparing backup structure9m 51s
3. Taking Control of Media Composer
4. Linking, Importing, and Managing Media
5. Organizing, Viewing, Logging, and Searching
6. Understanding the Basics of Editing
7. Editing in the Timeline
8. Understanding Audio
9. Adding Effects and Finishing
10. Delivering Masters for Web, DVD, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.