Join Abba Shapiro for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Migrating from Final Cut Pro 7 to Final Cut Pro X (2011).
If you are a premium member of the lynda.com Online Training Library or if you…are watching this tutorial on a DVD- ROM you have access to the exercise files…used throughout this title.…The exercise files have been compressed to a ZIP file.…Unzip the file and you'll see a folder labeled Exercise Files.…If you open up this folder you'll see two folders inside. One says Final Cut Events;…the other says Final Cut Projects.…If you go to your main hard drive and inside your Movies folder you may see…folders with the same name.…
This will occur if you've launched Final Cut Pro X and played with it a little.…If you've never launched Final Cut Pro X, these files won't be there.…First I'll work on the assumption that you've launched and played with Final…Cut Pro a little bit.…If you click on the Final Cut Events folder in your Movie folder, you may…see folders inside.…If you drag the entire Final Cut Events folder from your Exercise Files folder…into your Movies folder, you would erase any media that you may have imported.…
This course helps experienced Final Cut Pro editors understand new ways of performing traditional editing techniques. New terminology and new tools for performing editing functions are also clarified.
- Touring the X interface
- Running Final Cut Pro 7 and X on the same machine
- Importing and analyzing media
- New editing methods (including append and connected clips)
- Timeline editing (including ripple, roll, slip, and slide edits)
- Adding audio
- Fine-tuning with the Precision Editor
- Adding and adjusting transitions
- Creating titles
- Applying motion effects to clips
- Performing color corrections
- Archiving and collaboration
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up the Workspace
2. Importing and Managing Assets
3. Creating Projects and Editing
4. Using Effects and Making Adjustments
5. Exporting and Sharing
Collaboration and archiving5m 56s
Next steps3m 26s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.