Join Steve Holyhead for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Migrating from Final Cut Pro 7 to Avid Media Composer 5.5.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Once you've downloaded your exercise files onto your desktop, go ahead and…open up the folder.…Inside there should be a file called catalyst_CONTAINER.zip.…Double-click on that file to unzip the contents.…Once the file has unzipped, you'll find a new folder inside Exercise Files…called catalyst_CONTAINER.…What we want to do is either open up a media drive or if you don't have a media…drive, then your Macintosh hard disk.…Move or Copy this folder called catalyst _CONTAINER onto the root of your media…drive or Macintosh hard disk.…
Now I can go ahead and get rid of this folder that's inside of Exercise Files.…I could move the entire Exercise Files folder now from the Desktop and drop it into Documents.…Now I am looking at either the root of my media drive or the roote of my…Macintosh hard disk.…What I should do now is open up the catalyst_CONTAINER.…Inside the top folder catalyst_ Avid_MediaFiles is another folder…called Avid_MediaFiles.…
Take this folder and drag it up to the root level of the drive. That's it.…
- Working with clips, bins, folders and the project window
- Customizing user settings and keyboard layout
- Importing video, audio, and graphics
- Accessing clips from other projects
- Comparing backup structure
- Organizing media and project assets
- Understanding media resolution and locations
- Editing in the timeline
- Mixing audio
- Compositing with keyframes
- Creating titles
- Color correcting footage
- Preparing and outputting master sequences
Skill Level Beginner
1. Comparing Interface and Application Basics
2. Understanding Media, Projects, and Levels of Organization
Comparing backup structure9m 51s
3. Taking Control of Media Composer
4. Linking, Importing, and Managing Media
5. Organizing, Viewing, Logging, and Searching
6. Understanding the Basics of Editing
7. Editing in the Timeline
8. Understanding Audio
9. Adding Effects and Finishing
10. Delivering Masters for Web, DVD, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.