Color correction in video is usually one of the last stages carried out in post-production. Apple Final Cut Pro X has a variety of tools you can use to analyze, fix and adjust the color in your shots. In this video, author Nick Harauz demonstrates how to make adjustments using the color correction effect in Final Cut Pro X.
- Color correction in video…is usually one of the last stages…carried out in post-production.…Final Cut Pro X has a variety of tools…you can use to analyze, fix,…and adjust the color in your shots.…Adjustments can be made using the color inspector.…Now in the color correction process…you'll be required to use your scopes.…These are tools to help measure luminance…and chroma in your image.…This will help assist your eyes…when you break down a shot into a series of luminance…and color values to decide how best to grade or correct it.…
A great way to bring up these tools…is to access the color correction workspace.…Let's see how we can do this,…as well as customize it.…So here I am in Final Cut Pro 10.4.…What I've done is I've actually gone…and loaded up my library.…So these are the exercise files…that you can follow along with.…And if you need to know, just keep in mind…there are two events,…one for Footage and one for the Projects…that we'll be going through in each of the chapters.…Right now you can just go through here to see…
Note: This version covers the October 2018 update to Final Cut Pro X, including new features such as the comparison view, auditions, compound clips, Photoshop LUTs, exporting to Resolve, and more.
- Using and customizing a color correction workspace
- Making basic corrections
- Previewing adjustments with auditions
- Fixing white balance
- Color matching shots
- Adjusting curves
- Creating a secondary color selection
- Combining shape and color masks
- Applying creative looks with color correction presets
- Creating lookup tables (LUTs) in Photoshop
- Applying filmic looks and effects
- Working with HDR video
Skill Level Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Online OfflIne Workflowswith Jeff I. Greenberg49m 30s Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Creating Speed Changeswith Jeff I. Greenberg44m 57s Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X v10.1.x: Effective Storytellingwith Diana Weynand3h 53m Intermediate
1. Evaluating and Adjusting Images
2. Making Basic Corrections
3. Working with Curves
Adjusting curves7m 51s
4. Making Secondary Corrections
5. Making Creative Corrections
6. Working with Raw Video
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.