Join Scott Hirsch for an in-depth discussion in this video Using automation for volume and other parameters, part of Audio Post Workflow with Final Cut Pro X v10.1.x & Pro Tools.
- In some of the previous movies we talked…about changing the volume of your tracks.…But with some tracks, like the music tracks,…you might have noticed that when you move the volume…it automatically snaps back when you hit play.…Watch the volume level after I…adjust the volume and hit play.…(acoustic guitar music)…(acoustic guitar music)…(acoustic guitar music)…It snaps back to a different value.…This is because this track has volume automation…break points already written to it.…
In this movie we'll explore how to view and draw in…volume automation and plugin automation also.…To see volume automation you have to first…change the view of your tracks.…Let's go to the volume view on the Mus 1 track.…You can also click into the track…and type the minus key to toggle…between wave form and volume view.…So here's our volume automation.…These break points came across…from Final Cut Pro in our XML AAF transfer.…
But now we'll refine them further in Pro Tools.…With the smart tool, you can click and drag…on any of the break points to move them around.…
Note: This course was updated to reflect the changes to Final Cut Pro X v. 10.1.x. Although the course was not re-recorded from scratch, we updated the applicable movies by adding text overlays to guide you to existing changes. We also updated the exercise files to work with the most current version of the software. Please watch the "Using the exercise files" movie to learn exactly what to expect from this updated course. Working with an earlier version of Final Cut Pro X? Watch Audio Post Workflow with Final Cut Pro X v10.0.9 and Pro Tools.
- Preparing the Final Cut Pro timeline for export
- Exporting audio
- Importing audio in Pro Tools
- Choosing sources and assigning tracks
- Adding sound effects and music
- Enhancing the audio with crossfades and noise reduction
- Exporting audio from Pro Tools