Join Steve Holyhead for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Trim mode, part of Migrating from Final Cut Pro 7 to Avid Media Composer 5.5.
There are two main methods of trimming in Media Composer: either trimming…using the timeline tools like we did in the early part of this chapter or…trimming using Trim mode.…Here we are going to be doing that. We are going to be using Trim mode.…And I switched off my timeline tools.…By the way, on the outside border of the Smart palette here is a toggle that…actually allows you to toggle your timeline tools on and off,…your Smart tools on and off. [00:0 0:27.37] So if I did have my Smart Trim tools on and I toggled, I'll be able to toggle…them on and off both together, like so.…
But I am actually going to leave them all off for now, because we are going…to be using Trim mode.…At the moment, I am in Source/ Record mode. How do I know that?…Well, two things tell me that.…First of all, I have the Composer window with the Source viewer and the Record…viewer, but also here I can see that I am actually selected on…Sources/Record mode, both at the bottom of the Composer window and here in…the Timeline palette.…
- Working with clips, bins, folders and the project window
- Customizing user settings and keyboard layout
- Importing video, audio, and graphics
- Accessing clips from other projects
- Comparing backup structure
- Organizing media and project assets
- Understanding media resolution and locations
- Editing in the timeline
- Mixing audio
- Compositing with keyframes
- Creating titles
- Color correcting footage
- Preparing and outputting master sequences
Skill Level Beginner
1. Comparing Interface and Application Basics
2. Understanding Media, Projects, and Levels of Organization
Comparing backup structure9m 51s
3. Taking Control of Media Composer
4. Linking, Importing, and Managing Media
5. Organizing, Viewing, Logging, and Searching
6. Understanding the Basics of Editing
7. Editing in the Timeline
8. Understanding Audio
9. Adding Effects and Finishing
10. Delivering Masters for Web, DVD, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.