When you are working with 360 footage inside of Apple Final Cut Pro X, there is a great tool you can use to control what part of the footage that the viewer sees. This control is the Reorient tool. What is all included in the Reorient tool? In this video, Nick Harauz walks you through how to use the Reorient tool in Final Cut Pro X.
- Final Cut Pro has a great way for you…to decide on what the viewer is going to see…right when you cut to a particular 360 shot.…This tool makes it really easy for you…to change that inside of Final Cut.…So, here I have a 360 GoPro Omni clip that's been…stitched together and put into a 360 project,…and in Final Cut I've set my view to be showing…my 360 viewer which I have over here on the left…and I can navigate around with my mouse,…and on the right hand side, I have the equirectangular view.…
Notice that in this 360 view are the various tools…that I can use, such as some that we're familiar with…which is transform, crop, and distort,…but here's a reorient view.…What's great about this view, is you'll notice…that over here in my equirectangular space that I am now…able to change how this video lines up.…So right now I'm just dragging left and right,…and for some reason, if I didn't want…the person meditating to be the center of attention,…I could move this over to the left,…pan it more over to the right, to change what the viewer…
- HEVC support
- HDR support
- Color correction
- Color Wheels and Color Curves
- Creating 360-degree video projects
- Virtual reality effects and titles
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/17/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: Camera RAW support and importing, creating, and exporting closed captions.
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Blending Mode Secretswith Jeff I. Greenberg1h 17m Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Creating Speed Changeswith Jeff I. Greenberg44m 57s Intermediate
1. Workflow Improvements
2. Color Workflow Additions
3. Virtual Reality Improvements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.