Join Steve Holyhead for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding audio basics, part of Migrating from Final Cut Pro 7 to Avid Media Composer 5.5.
So obviously as we start to build up our tracks and create an audio mix, we've…got various different tracks that we need to be able to listen to, either…together or in isolation.…So over here we've got our solo buttons, so this would be soloing A1 and A2.…(Female speaker: Swing dancing brings you together.)…Or I could choose, for example, to mute A1 and A2, which would therefore solo…all the rest of the tracks.…(music playing)…Now obviously we can use all of the same navigation tools that we've been…using up until now.…
We can use the Spacebar or J, K, L to play clips back.…We can scrub through the timeline, and we can step through the timeline.…But when we're dealing with audio of course, we're most interested in those…modes which enable us to listen to the audio as we move or navigate around the…clip or the sequence.…So, straight away you probably notice the difference with Final Cut Pro.…If I move backwards and forwards in my timeline here or step one or 10 frame…forwards or backwards, I'm not hearing any audio.…
- Working with clips, bins, folders and the project window
- Customizing user settings and keyboard layout
- Importing video, audio, and graphics
- Accessing clips from other projects
- Comparing backup structure
- Organizing media and project assets
- Understanding media resolution and locations
- Editing in the timeline
- Mixing audio
- Compositing with keyframes
- Creating titles
- Color correcting footage
- Preparing and outputting master sequences
Skill Level Beginner
1. Comparing Interface and Application Basics
2. Understanding Media, Projects, and Levels of Organization
Comparing backup structure9m 51s
3. Taking Control of Media Composer
4. Linking, Importing, and Managing Media
5. Organizing, Viewing, Logging, and Searching
6. Understanding the Basics of Editing
7. Editing in the Timeline
8. Understanding Audio
9. Adding Effects and Finishing
10. Delivering Masters for Web, DVD, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.