Join Steve Holyhead for an in-depth discussion in this video Trimming with transition effects, part of Migrating from Final Cut Pro 7 to Avid Media Composer 5.5.
So far, we've been concentrating on manipulating transition points between clips,…or between clip and black.…This time we're going to switch to manipulating transition points using Trim…mode that have a transition already applied to them.…So I'm going to switch my attention up to V2 here and park near this transition…point that dissolves through from the suitcases there to the girl going to open the suitcase.…So just park around the transition point and now click on the Trim Mode button…to take us into Trim mode.…
And the first thing I would like to point out is that the transition is displayed here.…You can see the length of the transition, 20 frames, so I could change that…right now by typing in a new duration of 18 frames.…I can also manipulate the positioning of the transition here: Centered, Starting,…or Ending on the cut point. And then, of course, I can use spacebar to playback…the transition, to see how it looks.…(Female speaker: '40s and '50s across the street from the phone company in Los--)…
- Working with clips, bins, folders and the project window
- Customizing user settings and keyboard layout
- Importing video, audio, and graphics
- Accessing clips from other projects
- Comparing backup structure
- Organizing media and project assets
- Understanding media resolution and locations
- Editing in the timeline
- Mixing audio
- Compositing with keyframes
- Creating titles
- Color correcting footage
- Preparing and outputting master sequences
Skill Level Beginner
1. Comparing Interface and Application Basics
2. Understanding Media, Projects, and Levels of Organization
Comparing backup structure9m 51s
3. Taking Control of Media Composer
4. Linking, Importing, and Managing Media
5. Organizing, Viewing, Logging, and Searching
6. Understanding the Basics of Editing
7. Editing in the Timeline
8. Understanding Audio
9. Adding Effects and Finishing
10. Delivering Masters for Web, DVD, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.