Join Steve Holyhead for an in-depth discussion in this video Transcoding, part of Migrating from Final Cut Pro 7 to Avid Media Composer 5.5.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Transcoding in Media Composer means exactly the same as consolidate, with the…exception that you are also changing the codec or resolution or frame size of…the clip, not just moving it, but changing it too.…In Final Cut Pro, if I have material that I would like to convert to a different,…more FCP-friendly or offline-edit- phase friendly file format, then I might…choose to use the Media Manager to recompress to a new file type or use…Compressor to transcode the original source file to a new file type and then…import the new transcoded files.…
Transcode in Media Composer creates a new MXF version of the AMA file in the…Avid Media Files folder, by either rewrapping, demuxing or else changing the…format, codec, or resolution of the file.…So it's very similar to Consolidate, except that the media is not just copied,…but altered or optimized in some way during the process.…You can choose to just change the audio codec, the video codec, or both.…The new MXF file could be an Avid DNxHD resolution file or maybe a Sony XDCAM…
- Working with clips, bins, folders and the project window
- Customizing user settings and keyboard layout
- Importing video, audio, and graphics
- Accessing clips from other projects
- Comparing backup structure
- Organizing media and project assets
- Understanding media resolution and locations
- Editing in the timeline
- Mixing audio
- Compositing with keyframes
- Creating titles
- Color correcting footage
- Preparing and outputting master sequences
Skill Level Beginner
1. Comparing Interface and Application Basics
2. Understanding Media, Projects, and Levels of Organization
Comparing backup structure9m 51s
3. Taking Control of Media Composer
4. Linking, Importing, and Managing Media
5. Organizing, Viewing, Logging, and Searching
6. Understanding the Basics of Editing
7. Editing in the Timeline
8. Understanding Audio
9. Adding Effects and Finishing
10. Delivering Masters for Web, DVD, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.