Join Steve Holyhead for an in-depth discussion in this video Touring the Timeline window, part of Migrating from Final Cut Pro 7 to Avid Media Composer 5.5.
Let's return now to our exploration of the essential timeline tools and features.…Coming back down to the bottom of the timeline area and to the right of the…Source Record toggle that we've been using, we have the Video Quality menu.…We already know that this helps the system play back demanding codecs or more…complex sequences with real-time effects.…As a reminder, best performance is the yellow mode, and this is showing us 1/16th…of the resolution of the images, and this gives us maximum performance with the…softest picture quality.…
If we click on it and we go up to half yellow/ half green mode, we are now in draft quality.…That's using a quarter resolution and again gives us increased performance.…If I click again and I go up to full quality, now I am looking at the full…quality of the images, which is how I'm going to be wanting to work as I get…towards finishing my project.…And on systems that have hardware attached, in some cases there is an additional…mode, which is green with the number 10 inside.…
- Working with clips, bins, folders and the project window
- Customizing user settings and keyboard layout
- Importing video, audio, and graphics
- Accessing clips from other projects
- Comparing backup structure
- Organizing media and project assets
- Understanding media resolution and locations
- Editing in the timeline
- Mixing audio
- Compositing with keyframes
- Creating titles
- Color correcting footage
- Preparing and outputting master sequences
Skill Level Beginner
1. Comparing Interface and Application Basics
2. Understanding Media, Projects, and Levels of Organization
Comparing backup structure9m 51s
3. Taking Control of Media Composer
4. Linking, Importing, and Managing Media
5. Organizing, Viewing, Logging, and Searching
6. Understanding the Basics of Editing
7. Editing in the Timeline
8. Understanding Audio
9. Adding Effects and Finishing
10. Delivering Masters for Web, DVD, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.