Join Diana Weynand for an in-depth discussion in this video Storyboarding a narrative script using placeholders, part of Effective Storytelling with Final Cut Pro X v10.0.9.
Are you waiting for your camera team to return with extra footage to fill a…story gap, or are you motivated by the characters in Delicious Peace to write…a fictional story.…Final Cut Pro can't really help with that, can it?…Well, with the generated item in Final Cut Pro X called Placeholders, you can…literally hold the place for incoming footage or storyboard a script idea.…Sounds promising, doesn't it?…Let's take a look at how it works.…In the Project Library let's create a new project inside Chapter 06, let's call…this 06-01_Storyboards.…
Because it's an empty project, we are going to want to edit a dummy clip, if you…will, just to set the project settings.…Next we are going to want to open our Generators browser, and this is where…different items that Final Cut X generates on its own appears.…We are going to want to look at the Elements category of the generated items.…Notice there's an item called Placeholder.…To add that to the project, simply double-click it.…Now let's zoom into the timeline a little bit, we don't need our starter clip…
- Identifying story elements
- Finding the essence of a story
- Importing folders and stills as keyword collections
- Using keywords to make clips accessible
- Prepping clips for editing
- Developing story diversity
- Sculpting the story within the timeline
- Fine-tuning edits
- Organizing separate story segments into independent storylines
- Recording a narration track
- Adding sound effects
- Applying effects to enhance story elements
- Adding freeze frames
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Defining Your Story
2. Gathering Story Elements
3. Organizing Story Elements
4. Building a Primary Storyline
5. Refining the Story
6. Previsualizing in Final Cut to Help Write Your Story
7. Embellishing Your Story
8. Moving the Story Along
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.