Join Ashley Kennedy for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up the project, part of Final Cut Pro X v10.1.x: Commercial Editing Techniques.
- OK, so now we've got a pretty clear idea…of our brand, our message, our audience,…and we've got a good handle on our assets.…Let's get started setting up our project.…I wanted to provide you with a project…that was totally set up.…So, for this movie just watch.…I'll do all the hard work now.…And then after the next few movies you should have…a well organized project going forward.…So I've got Final Cut Pro 10 open.…If you take a look here, I have several drives connected.…I have my Mac hard drive, I have a Media Drive…and a Demo Drive.…
The already organized footage is on the Media Drive,…so let me show you that.…For this this demo, to show you how to set up everything up…from scratch, I'll place materials on the Demo Drive.…So we'll have a before and after.…I'm just going to right-click on the Demo Drive,…and create a "New Event."…And I'm going to call it "H+ Sport DEMO."…And I'm going to go ahead and click on "Import Media."…I'm going to navigate to my "Assets," and if you watched…in the previous movie, these've been loosely…
Note: This course was updated to reflect the changes to Final Cut Pro X v. 10.1.x. Although the course was not re-recorded from scratch, we updated the applicable movies by adding text overlays to guide you through existing changes. We also updated the exercise files to work with the most current version of the software. Please watch the "Understanding this update and using the exercise files" movie to learn exactly what to expect from this updated course. Working with an earlier version of Final Cut Pro X? Watch Commercial Editing Techniques with Final Cut Pro X v10.0.9.
- What is commercial editing?
- Understanding the product's audience and intent
- Marking the best shots
- Laying out the visual structure
- Building an audio foundation
- Manipulating speed
- Adding transition effects
- Adding graphics, music, and voice-over
- Delivering the project and receiving feedback