Join Nick Harauz for an in-depth discussion in this video Sending projects from iMovie to FCP X, part of Final Cut Pro X 10.4.4 Essential Training 2018.
- [Instructor] In this movie we're going to take a look…at sending an iMovie project from our desktop…over to Final Cut Pro X.…Now if you have access to the exercise files…you can go to that folder wherever you've saved it.…The FCPX essentials exercise files,…I'll double click to open that.…We'll head to the assets folder,…and inside that folder we should see that there is…a folder for iMovie library that I've included.…And we can just double click to open that…and it should open as long as you have…iMovie installed on your system.…
And then when we look here, that puts me inside the library,…we're going to see a few clips…that have been placed in a timeline.…So just to show you, I've got a bunch of clips here…from the city of Toronto.…And as I skim throughout my clips I'll just show you…that I actually reversed one of these clips.…You can see here that…that clip is reversed by the symbol here.…And two of the clips in particular,…I've actually added some looks…that are contained inside of iMovie.…
I just want to see what happens…
- Ingesting and organizing your assets
- Editing and refining footage
- Using the trim tools
- Transforming clips with fades, cropping, and more
- Changing the speed of clips
- Basic audio editing
- Multicam editing
- Working with effects, titles, and graphics
- Basic color correction
- Project and media management
- Sharing and exporting
- Integrating Apple Motion and Compressor
Skill Level Beginner
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Titles and Effectswith Nick Harauz4h 22m Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Web Video with Graphicswith Nick Harauz3h 16m Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Creating Speed Changeswith Jeff I. Greenberg44m 57s Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Color Correction (Q2 2018)with Nick Harauz2h 54m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know the Editing Environment
2. Ingesting Assets
3. Organizing Assets
4. Basic Editing: Laying the Foundation
5. Refining the Edit Using the Trim Tools
6. Working with Speed and Transforming Clips
7. Basic Audio Editing
8. Multicam Editing and 360 Video
9. Working with Effects
10. Working with Titles and Graphics
11. Basic Color Correction
12. Project and Media Management
13. Sharing and Exporting
14. Five Things to Know About Compressor
15. Five Things to Know About Motion
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.