Join Diana Weynand for an in-depth discussion in this video Sculpting the story within the timeline, part of Effective Storytelling with Final Cut Pro X v10.0.9.
I once had the opportunity to visit Michelangelo's famous sculpture of David…in Florence, Italy.…It was amazing.…But the most amazing thing was to realize that Michelangelo started out with a…giant slab of marble.…He had to find David inside the marble slab.…That's where you may be with your story, being Michelangelo and finding…your David.…If so, put on your tool belt and let's start chiseling.…Let's start in the Project Library by opening the Narration project.…
The clips in this project have already been placed in an order that has a…story shape;…a beginning, middle, and end.…(Audio Playing) Narrator: In the foothills of Africa's fourth…largest mountain, a group of Christian, Jewish, and Muslim coffee farmers affirmatively decided…to marry peaceful inner-relationships, with economic development.…Diana Weynand: And it continues!…Now, the idea is to view this project over and over again, remember our repeated…screenings, and see if there are any clips that don't fit.…
Are there clips that are redundant?…
- Identifying story elements
- Finding the essence of a story
- Importing folders and stills as keyword collections
- Using keywords to make clips accessible
- Prepping clips for editing
- Developing story diversity
- Sculpting the story within the timeline
- Fine-tuning edits
- Organizing separate story segments into independent storylines
- Recording a narration track
- Adding sound effects
- Applying effects to enhance story elements
- Adding freeze frames
Skill Level Intermediate
Premiere Pro CS5.5 New Featureswith David Basulto27m 7s Intermediate
1. Defining Your Story
2. Gathering Story Elements
3. Organizing Story Elements
4. Building a Primary Storyline
5. Refining the Story
6. Previsualizing in Final Cut to Help Write Your Story
7. Embellishing Your Story
8. Moving the Story Along
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.