Roles are a great way to isolate different types of video and audio in the Apple Final Cut Pro X timeline. In Final Cut Pro X 10.4, there are some shortcuts to move forward and back between clips in a selected role. Join Nick Harauz in this video as he walks you through how to move between clips with assigned roles in Final Cut.
- Roles are a great way to isolate different types…of video and audio in the Final Cut timeline.…In Final Cut Pro 10.4, there are some shortcuts…to move forward and back between clips in a selected role.…Let's see how this is done.…To start off with our new features list,…we're going to start off a little bit small,…but in my mind, something that makes a really big impact,…especially when it comes to making…really quick selections in your timeline,…and that refers to role-based clip selections.…
So, roles got added a while ago in Final Cut Pro,…and everything inside of Final Cut…automatically gets a role assigned to it.…To see these roles, you can head to…your timeline index by clicking on the index button,…and you can see I'm here in the roles tab.…Now, all the titles in my current timeline,…I'm just going to actually press shift + Z,…to fit everything to the space,…is assigned a role, so I've got a role here titles,…that was the default role for any titles…that are in your project, a role for video,…now my video roles only contain three clips,…
- HEVC support
- HDR support
- Color correction
- Color Wheels and Color Curves
- Creating 360-degree video projects
- Virtual reality effects and titles
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/17/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: Camera RAW support and importing, creating, and exporting closed captions.
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Blending Mode Secretswith Jeff I. Greenberg1h 17m Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Creating Speed Changeswith Jeff I. Greenberg44m 57s Intermediate
1. Workflow Improvements
2. Color Workflow Additions
3. Virtual Reality Improvements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.