- Now, let's take a look at my first cut…of the multi-cam scene.…(knock on door)…(clearing throat)…- Mr. Dolton sent me to collect the design.…Is it ready?…Well, six p.m.…
- Is he sending you in here…with scripted-out dialogue and everything?…- He suggested words, yes, and to come every hour,…but I decide whether I come before or after the hour.…- Oh, I see.…- Oh, I'm also supposed to tell you that--…- You know, Patten, uh, hang on a minute, buddy.…Um, I wanna get the boss man on the horn here,…so we can all have a little chit-chat, all right?…- Yes?…- Hey, yeah, I'm here with Patten, uh, and he's telling me…that, um, you want him here every hour on the hour,…checking in on me?…- Patten, you there?…- Yes, Mr. Dolton, I'm here, and I never said "on the hour."…I just told him that I decide before or after the hour.…
- No matter, just continue to do as I requested.…Oh, and Patten, did you let Joseph know…about the other details?…- What other details?…Look, I don't have...…- So, the other details, um...…The boss man decided to put Levitt and Myron from 42 Designs…
Note: This course was updated to reflect the changes to Final Cut Pro X v. 10.1.x. Although the course was not re-recorded from scratch, we updated each of the movies by adding text overlays to guide you to existing changes. We also updated the exercise files to work with the most current version of the software. Please watch the "Understanding this update and using the exercise files" movie to learn exactly what to expect from this updated course. Working with an earlier version of Final Cut Pro X? Watch Narrative Scene Editing with Final Cut Pro X 10.0.9.
- Preparing and importing your media
- Evaluating shots and performances
- Incorporating additional assets like images
- Editing a dialogue scene
- Adding reaction shots
- Using alternative takes
- Editing a montage
- Selecting and organizing clips
- Enhancing a scene with audio
- Replacing location audio or a dialogue track
- Transitioning between scenes
- Using creative color and effects
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Preparing for the Edit
Preparing the interface4m 2s
2. Understanding the Workflow of Cutting a Narrative Film
Adding assets1m 50s
3. Editing a Dialogue Scene
4. Editing a Montage
5. Editing a Multicamera Shoot
6. Using Audio to Enhance a Scene
7. Finishing Techniques
Next steps2m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.