Join Abba Shapiro for an in-depth discussion in this video Reviewing the first cut, part of Narrative Scene Editing with Final Cut Pro X v10.0.9.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Now let's take a listen to how I cut together the audio for scene 10.…(Joseph: Hey, dad.) (Mr. Dalton: Hey, kiddo.)…(Mr. Dalton: So, you got a design for me?) (Joseph: Yeah, I think so.)…(Mr. Dalton: Good.) (Joseph: Thanks for the message.)…(Mr. Dalton: Just doing my job.)…(music playing)……
- Preparing and importing your media
- Evaluating shots and performances
- Incorporating additional assets like images
- Editing a dialog scene
- Adding reaction shots
- Using alternative takes
- Editing a montage
- Selecting and organizing clips
- Enhancing a scene with audio
- Replacing location audio or a dialogue track
- Transitioning between scenes
- Using creative color and effects
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Preparing for the Edit
Preparing the interface4m 2s
2. Understanding the Workflow of Cutting a Narrative Film
Adding assets1m 50s
3. Editing a Dialogue Scene
4. Editing a Montage
5. Editing a Multicamera Shoot
6. Using Audio to Enhance a Scene
7. Finishing Techniques
Next steps2m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.