Join Diana Weynand for an in-depth discussion in this video Retiming to lengthen or shorten music and clips, part of Effective Storytelling with Final Cut Pro X v10.0.9.
Some say timing is everything, and if you've ever edited the perfect clip to…cover a segment of narration only to discover it's not long enough to cover it,…I'm sure you'd agree.…But don't fret and don't go looking for a different clip, not just yet, trust…your instincts and then simply change the speed of the clip.…This technique may not always work, but it's always worth a try.…In the Project library, let's open the Retiming project.…
In this project, we have three clips, well one's a compound clip of stills, but…we will refer to that as a single clip.…Notice that the compound clip matches pretty well to the end of Paul talking,…but the music clip stopped short.…Now this might happen in your own project where you have a music track and you…like it, and maybe whoever was shooting the music shot a good amount of it, what…they thought was a good amount, but it just didn't turn out to be long enough…for what you wanted to use it for.…
Sometimes you don't know that until you get into the editing room.…
- Identifying story elements
- Finding the essence of a story
- Importing folders and stills as keyword collections
- Using keywords to make clips accessible
- Prepping clips for editing
- Developing story diversity
- Sculpting the story within the timeline
- Fine-tuning edits
- Organizing separate story segments into independent storylines
- Recording a narration track
- Adding sound effects
- Applying effects to enhance story elements
- Adding freeze frames
Skill Level Intermediate
Premiere Pro CS5.5 New Featureswith David Basulto27m 7s Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X: Color Correctionwith Robbie Carman2h 40m Beginner
1. Defining Your Story
2. Gathering Story Elements
3. Organizing Story Elements
4. Building a Primary Storyline
5. Refining the Story
6. Previsualizing in Final Cut to Help Write Your Story
7. Embellishing Your Story
8. Moving the Story Along
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.