As you color correct your image, you may decide that you need to reset particular settings to start from scratch. What are some easy ways to reset color settings in Apple Final Cut Pro X? In this video, join author Nick Harauz as he takes a look at extremely useful ways to reset and see your original clips in Final Cut Pro X.
- As we apply corrections to our image,…we may decide that we don't like what we did…or need to reset particular settings…to start from scratch.…In this movie,…we're going to take a look at extremely useful ways…to reset and see our original clips.…So I'm here in my Chapter 1.9 project…which I double clicked to open in the timeline,…and we're going to explore turning on and off effects.…I'm going to press C to select this clip,…press Command + six to go to the color inspector,…and here I've made an adjustment in my color board.…
One thing that we want to keep in mind…specifically if we ever need to adjust one of these pucks…is to select it,…simply press Delete,…will bring it back to square one.…If I select this other puck and press Delete,…it'll also bring it back to square one.…If I make any adjustment here in the exposure.…Let's just say there's adjustment…to all four of these pucks.…I can always click the reset arrow…to get this back to ground one…or turn off this color board effect…by clicking this on and off.…
Note: This version covers the October 2018 update to Final Cut Pro X, including new features such as the comparison view, auditions, compound clips, Photoshop LUTs, exporting to Resolve, and more.
- Using and customizing a color correction workspace
- Making basic corrections
- Previewing adjustments with auditions
- Fixing white balance
- Color matching shots
- Adjusting curves
- Creating a secondary color selection
- Combining shape and color masks
- Applying creative looks with color correction presets
- Creating lookup tables (LUTs) in Photoshop
- Applying filmic looks and effects
- Working with HDR video
Skill Level Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Online OfflIne Workflowswith Jeff I. Greenberg49m 30s Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Creating Speed Changeswith Jeff I. Greenberg44m 57s Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X v10.1.x: Effective Storytellingwith Diana Weynand3h 53m Intermediate
1. Evaluating and Adjusting Images
2. Making Basic Corrections
3. Working with Curves
Adjusting curves7m 51s
4. Making Secondary Corrections
5. Making Creative Corrections
6. Working with Raw Video
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.