- Once you've gone through and picked out…your selects and marked them you're ready…to actually start replacing the audio.…Let's step inside 06-02a Replace (Start).…Now, since we have the Mr. Dalton clip voiceovers up…we'll go ahead and replace this audio.…And this is the shot where he says "kiddo".…It's very easy, because I've already key worded these clips,…to listen to the three different takes…and pick the one that I like the best.…
- [Dalton] Hey, kiddo. - [Voiceover] Hey, Dad.…- [Dalton] Hey, kiddo.…Hey, kiddo.…Hey, kiddo.…- I actually think the second one sounds warmer…and friendlier so that's the one we're going to use.…So we're going to go ahead and I'm going to mark it…right where he starts to speak.…I'm going to hold down the option key…and just grab the range of where he says "Hey, kiddo".…Now if I wanted to verify that I didn't cut off any…of the beginning or the end of the words…I can press shift forward slash.…
- [Dalton] Hey, kiddo.…- That's the shift key and the slash…with the question mark above it.…
Note: This course was updated to reflect the changes to Final Cut Pro X v. 10.1.x. Although the course was not re-recorded from scratch, we updated each of the movies by adding text overlays to guide you to existing changes. We also updated the exercise files to work with the most current version of the software. Please watch the "Understanding this update and using the exercise files" movie to learn exactly what to expect from this updated course. Working with an earlier version of Final Cut Pro X? Watch Narrative Scene Editing with Final Cut Pro X 10.0.9.
- Preparing and importing your media
- Evaluating shots and performances
- Incorporating additional assets like images
- Editing a dialogue scene
- Adding reaction shots
- Using alternative takes
- Editing a montage
- Selecting and organizing clips
- Enhancing a scene with audio
- Replacing location audio or a dialogue track
- Transitioning between scenes
- Using creative color and effects
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Preparing for the Edit
Preparing the interface4m 2s
2. Understanding the Workflow of Cutting a Narrative Film
Adding assets1m 50s
3. Editing a Dialogue Scene
4. Editing a Montage
5. Editing a Multicamera Shoot
6. Using Audio to Enhance a Scene
7. Finishing Techniques
Next steps2m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.