- Now that we've got the basic assembly put together,…it's time to review what we've cut…and really start some fine tuning…and start some adjusting.…Let's go ahead and step into 03-03a Adjusting Start.…Now, I've laid down some B-roll.…Let me go ahead and hit shift Z…so we can see my entire timeline.…This is just kind of a quick and dirty assembly.…I really wanted to catch the flow,…try some cutaways.…I wasn't really worried about precision here.…There may be some times where the audio repeats.…
There also may be times…where I hear both channels of audio.…So, in this step,…I'm going to do some basic cleanup…to tighten some edits…or maybe to leave some breathing space…to add some drama.…Let's watch a few shots together…and see maybe where there're some problems…and how I would go about fixing them.…- It could be on the line here.…Six p.m. tonight, simple deadline, meet it.…- That's it?…Six p.m., huh?…And if I'm a risky choice...…
- Okay, we got to see at least…three or problems right there.…If we look at just the very beginning…
Note: This course was updated to reflect the changes to Final Cut Pro X v. 10.1.x. Although the course was not re-recorded from scratch, we updated each of the movies by adding text overlays to guide you to existing changes. We also updated the exercise files to work with the most current version of the software. Please watch the "Understanding this update and using the exercise files" movie to learn exactly what to expect from this updated course. Working with an earlier version of Final Cut Pro X? Watch Narrative Scene Editing with Final Cut Pro X 10.0.9.
- Preparing and importing your media
- Evaluating shots and performances
- Incorporating additional assets like images
- Editing a dialogue scene
- Adding reaction shots
- Using alternative takes
- Editing a montage
- Selecting and organizing clips
- Enhancing a scene with audio
- Replacing location audio or a dialogue track
- Transitioning between scenes
- Using creative color and effects
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Preparing for the Edit
Preparing the interface4m 2s
2. Understanding the Workflow of Cutting a Narrative Film
Adding assets1m 50s
3. Editing a Dialogue Scene
4. Editing a Montage
5. Editing a Multicamera Shoot
6. Using Audio to Enhance a Scene
7. Finishing Techniques
Next steps2m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.