- In this chapter,…we're going to explore how you can find…and repair audio problems.…Let's step into 06-01 Marking Ranges…and see what the situation is.…Well, this is a great scene…of Joseph and his dad reconnecting.…The only challenge is,…it was recorded on location at the beach.…There's a lot of background sound…such as waves and seagulls,…and even the crew talking.…Take a listen at a couple of sections…and you'll hear for yourself.…
(muffled background noise)…- So, you got a design for me?…- Well, as you can see,…even when the actors are speaking,…you're fighting the wind.…You could spend a lot of time trying to repair that…using filters and equalizers,…but the easiest solution…is simply to remove the sound that was recorded live…and replace it with audio where the actors were in a studio…and recorded it cleanly,…and that's exactly what we're going to do.…
As a matter of fact, we have clean audio…from both Joseph and Mr. Dalton,…and I've marked these already with the best takes…and even key worded them to save you some trouble.…
Note: This course was updated to reflect the changes to Final Cut Pro X v. 10.1.x. Although the course was not re-recorded from scratch, we updated each of the movies by adding text overlays to guide you to existing changes. We also updated the exercise files to work with the most current version of the software. Please watch the "Understanding this update and using the exercise files" movie to learn exactly what to expect from this updated course. Working with an earlier version of Final Cut Pro X? Watch Narrative Scene Editing with Final Cut Pro X 10.0.9.
- Preparing and importing your media
- Evaluating shots and performances
- Incorporating additional assets like images
- Editing a dialogue scene
- Adding reaction shots
- Using alternative takes
- Editing a montage
- Selecting and organizing clips
- Enhancing a scene with audio
- Replacing location audio or a dialogue track
- Transitioning between scenes
- Using creative color and effects
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Preparing for the Edit
Preparing the interface4m 2s
2. Understanding the Workflow of Cutting a Narrative Film
Adding assets1m 50s
3. Editing a Dialogue Scene
4. Editing a Montage
5. Editing a Multicamera Shoot
6. Using Audio to Enhance a Scene
7. Finishing Techniques
Next steps2m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.