Join Abba Shapiro for an in-depth discussion in this video Preferences and settings, part of Migrating from Final Cut Pro 7 to Final Cut Pro X (2011).
Before we get started editing let's take a look at the new simplified…preferences in Final Cut Pro X. Our goal here is to cover some of the major…settings and make Final Cut Pro X work a little bit more like Final Cut Pro 7.…If you click on the Final Cut Pro pulldown menu you'll see Preferences are…located just where they were in Final Cut Pro 7.…But you don't have as many to choose from.…The keyboard shortcut if you'll be going to the Preference menu by the way is…Command+Comma, just like with most other Apple applications.…
Notice how simple the preferences are.…There are three basic areas for preferences: Editing, Playback and Import.…Let's take a look at the key ones you need to change to make Final Cut Pro X…work how you would expect it to work like Final Cut Pro 7.…The first one you should change is under Timeline to say Show detailed trimming feedback.…With this unchecked, when you do a slip, a slide, a ripple or a roll you won't…see the 2-up display that you're used to seeing.…So go ahead and turn that on.…
This course helps experienced Final Cut Pro editors understand new ways of performing traditional editing techniques. New terminology and new tools for performing editing functions are also clarified.
- Touring the X interface
- Running Final Cut Pro 7 and X on the same machine
- Importing and analyzing media
- New editing methods (including append and connected clips)
- Timeline editing (including ripple, roll, slip, and slide edits)
- Adding audio
- Fine-tuning with the Precision Editor
- Adding and adjusting transitions
- Creating titles
- Applying motion effects to clips
- Performing color corrections
- Archiving and collaboration
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up the Workspace
2. Importing and Managing Assets
3. Creating Projects and Editing
4. Using Effects and Making Adjustments
5. Exporting and Sharing
Collaboration and archiving5m 56s
Next steps3m 26s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.