Join Diana Weynand for an in-depth discussion in this video Performing a complex search, part of Effective Storytelling with Final Cut Pro X v10.0.9.
Little details will stick with you more so than a generic term.…For example, you might forget the name of someone you met at a party, but…remember that she was called Snookums, when she was a child.…Snookums may not be a good name for a clip, but you'll never forget that…little detail.…And if you were smart enough to add it as a note to that clip's metadata, then…finding Snookums when you need her, will be a cinch.…Final Cut Pro has a great search mechanism.…Simply click the Magnifying Glass in the Search field and it brings up…the Search Filter.…
The default is Text.…If we wanted to find the clip that you entered the note love to, Paul's clip,…simply type the word love, and notice that Paul's clip appears in Event Browser.…If creating a group of clips around the concept of loving the coffee, loving the…family, loving what people are doing appeals to you, then go ahead and create a…new Smart Collection.…Notice that in the Event Library a Smart Collection is created.…
Let's just call this love.…
- Identifying story elements
- Finding the essence of a story
- Importing folders and stills as keyword collections
- Using keywords to make clips accessible
- Prepping clips for editing
- Developing story diversity
- Sculpting the story within the timeline
- Fine-tuning edits
- Organizing separate story segments into independent storylines
- Recording a narration track
- Adding sound effects
- Applying effects to enhance story elements
- Adding freeze frames
Skill Level Intermediate
Premiere Pro CS5.5 New Featureswith David Basulto27m 7s Intermediate
1. Defining Your Story
2. Gathering Story Elements
3. Organizing Story Elements
4. Building a Primary Storyline
5. Refining the Story
6. Previsualizing in Final Cut to Help Write Your Story
7. Embellishing Your Story
8. Moving the Story Along
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.