Join Nick Harauz for an in-depth discussion in this video Organizing files on your system, part of Final Cut Pro X 10.4.4 Essential Training 2018.
- [Instructor] Now, before I begin to populate this event…that we just created with clips from a chocolaterie process,…I think it's really important…to talk about system organization.…So there is a level of organization you can do…on the finder with the clips and assets…that you get for a given project…by organizing them before you bring them into Final Cut.…For the lesson files, in particular,…if I head to the finder, and I go to my desktop…where I stored my Final Cut Pro X Essential Exercise Files,…we have an Assets folder and this folder contains a folder…with the chocolates project.…
And if you select that, you'll see there's a bunch…of chocolate media contained with this project…and a series of subfolders that have been created…in order to keep the material organized on the system…and before I bring them to Final Cut.…So I have a folder here for the stills that I can use…within the project.…Also, Narrative elements throughout the project.…I've got all my Interview clips in a folder…as well as a series of subfolders for various Broll…
- Ingesting and organizing your assets
- Editing and refining footage
- Using the trim tools
- Transforming clips with fades, cropping, and more
- Changing the speed of clips
- Basic audio editing
- Multicam editing
- Working with effects, titles, and graphics
- Basic color correction
- Project and media management
- Sharing and exporting
- Integrating Apple Motion and Compressor
Skill Level Beginner
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Titles and Effectswith Nick Harauz4h 22m Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Web Video with Graphicswith Nick Harauz3h 16m Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Creating Speed Changeswith Jeff I. Greenberg44m 57s Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Color Correction (Q2 2018)with Nick Harauz2h 54m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know the Editing Environment
2. Ingesting Assets
3. Organizing Assets
4. Basic Editing: Laying the Foundation
5. Refining the Edit Using the Trim Tools
6. Working with Speed and Transforming Clips
7. Basic Audio Editing
8. Multicam Editing and 360 Video
9. Working with Effects
10. Working with Titles and Graphics
11. Basic Color Correction
12. Project and Media Management
13. Sharing and Exporting
14. Five Things to Know About Compressor
15. Five Things to Know About Motion
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.