Join Nick Harauz for an in-depth discussion in this video Noise reduction effects, part of Final Cut Pro X Guru: New Features.
- [Instructor] In the latest version of Final Cut Pro X,…we've got two new effects to deal with noise reduction,…one to deal with noise reduction on 360 clips…and the other to deal with noise reduction…on regular footage or what some people refer to…as flat footage.…We can find this noise reduction effect…if we go into our Effects browser,…so I'll just head over here to the Effects browser…and open that up,…and in the 360 category, you can see here…that there's one to deal with 360 noise,…but if I go here to the All category…and just do a search for noise reduction,…we'll see anything that is associated with that.…
Now, I have a few effects from third party providers,…but here is the new Noise Reduction effect.…Now, it is rather processor intensive,…so just something to keep in mind.…We can actually see that as I skim.…On the lower left-hand corner of the viewer,…we can see it's still processing that noise reduction.…Let's add it to the clip in the timeline,…which clearly has some noise…specifically in the darker pixels,…
- HEVC support
- HDR support
- Color correction
- Color Wheels and Color Curves
- Creating 360-degree video projects
- Virtual reality effects and titles
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/17/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: Camera RAW support and importing, creating, and exporting closed captions.
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Blending Mode Secretswith Jeff I. Greenberg1h 17m Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Creating Speed Changeswith Jeff I. Greenberg44m 57s Intermediate
1. Workflow Improvements
2. Color Workflow Additions
3. Virtual Reality Improvements
3. 10.4.9 Updates
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.