Being able to trim your clips in the timeline effectively is an integral part of the editing process. A video editor can make or break a production in determining how all the video content captured will play together as a whole. In this course, author Nick Harauz will give you a tour of all the tools in FCPX that allow you to fine tune your projects.
- As you can see Final Cut Pro 10 has a robust set…of trimming tools,…to help you cut your video.…In this course we've looked at tricks to make…trimming faster,…problems you may experience as we trim,…and ways to solve them,…and ways to drive all of our editing decisions…using the keyboard.…To lean more about Final Cut Pro 10 check out the…Final Cut Pro 10 guru series,…and essential classes from the library.…I'm Nick Heraz, thank you so much for watching.…
Join Nick Harauz as he demonstrates advanced techniques for shortening clips, trimming video, and selecting ranges on clips. He shows you how to extend edits, deal with connected clips, compare cuts, use dynamic trimming, and more. Along the way, he includes shortcut commands, so you can expedite your workflow, driving all your editing from the keyboard. To ensure you're ready to use his tips in the real-world, he wraps up the course by going through two examples, cutting dialogue and cutting documentary footage in the timeline.
- Extending edits
- Splitting edits
- Lifting clips
- Comparing cuts
- Working with video from multiple cameras
- Overlapping footage
- Moving between edit points
- Trimming numerically
- Trimming dynamically
- Using the Precision Editor
Skill Level Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X v10.1.x: Effective Storytellingwith Diana Weynand3h 53m Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X v10.1.x: Documentary Editingwith Diana Weynand2h 56m Intermediate
1. Trimming Tricks
2. Mastering FCP X Trim Tools
3. Real-World Scenarios with the Trim Tool
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.