Join Ashley Kennedy for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Final Cut Pro X v10.1.x: Commercial Editing Techniques.
- Now that you've taken this course,…you should be more familiar with it takes…to bring a commercial from concept to creation.…Please realize there are so many different types…of commercials, ours was a montage based spot…with voice-over and music, but it's really only…the tip of the iceberg in terms of…all the different possibilities.…But the takeaways that you can hopefully get…from this course should be related to workflow,…from analyzing pre-visualization materials…to building the audio foundation…to designing engaging visual content…to working with placeholder materials…and bringing everything full circle…and completing a polished product.…
Now one thing I didn't discuss in this course…are the two sister programs that come as add-on options…for 50 dollars a piece, Compressor and Motion.…Compressor will open up a whole host of other…compression possibilities so that you can deliver…exactly what your client needs.…And Motion allows you to explore some exciting…motion graphics and titling possibilities.…For our project the motion graphics artist…
Note: This course was updated to reflect the changes to Final Cut Pro X v. 10.1.x. Although the course was not re-recorded from scratch, we updated the applicable movies by adding text overlays to guide you through existing changes. We also updated the exercise files to work with the most current version of the software. Please watch the "Understanding this update and using the exercise files" movie to learn exactly what to expect from this updated course. Working with an earlier version of Final Cut Pro X? Watch Commercial Editing Techniques with Final Cut Pro X v10.0.9.
- What is commercial editing?
- Understanding the product's audience and intent
- Marking the best shots
- Laying out the visual structure
- Building an audio foundation
- Manipulating speed
- Adding transition effects
- Adding graphics, music, and voice-over
- Delivering the project and receiving feedback