Join Steve Holyhead for an in-depth discussion in this video Multi-cam editing, part of Migrating from Final Cut Pro 7 to Avid Media Composer 5.5.
So in the previous video, we went through all of the things that set us up to…do a multi-cam edit.…So now we're actually going to through the process of doing some multi-cam editing.…The first thing that we'll need to do though of course is create a sequence.…So what I'm going to do is right- click in my bin and create a new sequence…called commute_multicam.…There we go. So now we have a blank sequence ready to go.…The next thing we need to do is figure out well, which camera would we like to start on?…I think I'm going to happen to know that's…where the engine starts and the bike begins its journey.…
So that's going to be the first camera that I lay into the sequence.…What I'm going to do now is pop this material into my sequence like so, and it…shows up it's just one big long clip.…The trick to this is now I'm going to switch into Multi-Camera mode, so…that's Shift+Command+M, and notice that the controls under the Source viewer have disappeared.…And as I move backwards and forwards now in my sequence, notice that the Source…
- Working with clips, bins, folders and the project window
- Customizing user settings and keyboard layout
- Importing video, audio, and graphics
- Accessing clips from other projects
- Comparing backup structure
- Organizing media and project assets
- Understanding media resolution and locations
- Editing in the timeline
- Mixing audio
- Compositing with keyframes
- Creating titles
- Color correcting footage
- Preparing and outputting master sequences
Skill Level Beginner
1. Comparing Interface and Application Basics
2. Understanding Media, Projects, and Levels of Organization
Comparing backup structure9m 51s
3. Taking Control of Media Composer
4. Linking, Importing, and Managing Media
5. Organizing, Viewing, Logging, and Searching
6. Understanding the Basics of Editing
7. Editing in the Timeline
8. Understanding Audio
9. Adding Effects and Finishing
10. Delivering Masters for Web, DVD, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.