Many of the 360 effects and titles that you see in Apple Final Cut Pro X are possible because of Apple Motion. Apple has also incorporated changes when it comes to 360 footage in Motion 5.4. What are the Motion improvements that you can take advantage of? In this video, Nick Harauz walks you through some tweaks made to Motion.
- [Instructor] In the last movie,…we looked at how we could set up a 360 motion project…and got used to how our project is set up…directly within Final Cut.…In this movie, we're going to look at…some of the new effects that have been added…for your 360 workflows inside of Motion 5.4.…One thing that you should note…is that there are specific filters inside of Motion…designed for 360 workflows, and if I go to the 360 category,…you can see here, under Filters,…we have got a 360 Reorient effect.…
So this is great for changing the reorientation…of your scene and can allow you to change the orientation,…similar to other items.…And then, just keep in mind, if you look…under the All category, there are a series of effects…with the word 360, and these 360 effects…allow you to make adjustments to 360 clips…and are designed for your 360 workflows,…versus certain filters won't work well on your 360 clips.…
So keep in mind, these have been optimized…for working with 360 clips inside of Motion.…Another great mention is that your particle systems,…
- HEVC support
- HDR support
- Color correction
- Color Wheels and Color Curves
- Creating 360-degree video projects
- Virtual reality effects and titles
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/17/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: Camera RAW support and importing, creating, and exporting closed captions.
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Creating Speed Changeswith Jeff I. Greenberg44m 57s Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Blending Mode Secretswith Jeff I. Greenberg1h 17m Intermediate
1. Workflow Improvements
2. Color Workflow Additions
3. Virtual Reality Improvements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.