Many of the 360 effects and titles that you see in Apple Final Cut Pro X are possible because of Apple Motion. Apple has also incorporated changes when it comes to 360 footage in Motion 5.4. What are the Motion improvements that you can take advantage of? In this video, Nick Harauz walks you through some tweaks made to Motion.
- A lot of the 360 effects and titles…that you see in Final Cut for your 360 workflows…are possible because of Motion.…And Motion 5.4 has also got through a number of changes,…specifically has to do with 360.…Now in this video, we're going to…take a look at some of those changes.…Right now I'm in the Motion welcome screen.…And here under Motion project,…the first thing to note is that you now have…presets for working with 360 video.…And I'm going to select a 360 video, 4K.…
And the frame rate to match that of my footage…which happens to 59.94 frames per second.…And choose a duration of 5 seconds.…Knowing that the projection of my footage happens…to be monoscopic, I want to choose to open a Motion project.…Motion watches as usual, but there are…a few noticeable differences.…Inside my 360 project, I have inside my layers tab a camera,…a group for any 2D elements which is set to 3D,…and a 360 environment group.…
My canvas has also been split into two.…One showing a 360 overview…and another seeing a 360 look around.…
- HEVC support
- HDR support
- Color correction
- Color Wheels and Color Curves
- Creating 360-degree video projects
- Virtual reality effects and titles
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/17/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: Camera RAW support and importing, creating, and exporting closed captions.
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Creating Speed Changeswith Jeff I. Greenberg44m 57s Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Blending Mode Secretswith Jeff I. Greenberg1h 17m Intermediate
1. Workflow Improvements
2. Color Workflow Additions
3. Virtual Reality Improvements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.