Join Nick Harauz for an in-depth discussion in this video Motion color correction effects, part of Final Cut Pro X Guru: New Features.
- [Instructor] In the latest release of Motion,…you now have access to…some of the same powerful color correction effects…that are available to you in Final Cut,…are now available in Motion…for you to use as you see fit.…Now, there is no color inspector in Motion,…but if you head inside…and you go to the Filters tab,…and we scroll down and do a search for the color section,…we'll see now that we have the introduction of Color Wheels,…we've got access to Hue and Saturation Curves,…and we also have access to our Color Curves.…
So, all of these effects…that we found inside of Final Cut Pro X,…are now available to us here in Motion.…So let me just apply one of these effects.…I will go down and select the Color Wheels,…and I'll apply it to the one layer, or clip,…that's currently in my Layers tab in Motion.…And I'll select this.…And I'm actually going to change my workspace…so it's a little bit more like Final Cut.…So if I add to the Window menu,…I go to Window Layout, I'll change this to Cinema.…And Cinema will show me my Inspector here…
- HEVC support
- HDR support
- Color correction
- Color Wheels and Color Curves
- Creating 360-degree video projects
- Virtual reality effects and titles
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/17/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: Camera RAW support and importing, creating, and exporting closed captions.
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Creating Speed Changeswith Jeff I. Greenberg44m 57s Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Blending Mode Secretswith Jeff I. Greenberg1h 17m Intermediate
1. Workflow Improvements
2. Color Workflow Additions
3. Virtual Reality Improvements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.