Join Frank Rohmer for an in-depth discussion in this video Meet Final Cut Pro, part of Photography Video Workflow: Final Cut Pro + Canon 5D Mark II.
Apple designed Final Cut Pro to be a very powerful editing application. As a…matter of fact, they also designed it to be a very simple and easy to use, and…that's exactly why professional editors have embraced Final Cut Pro. …It's simple, easy and very powerful. So with that said, I would like to take a…moment to introduce the interface to you so that you're a little more…comfortable working with this application when you continue with the future…lessons in this training series.…So, let's start off in the upper left- hand corner of the interface and let's…talk about this window and this is called the Browser. Now, the Browser window…contains two major components that I'd like to address. The first component is…the Browser contains all of your projects and project elements. It also…contains Effects which is the second item that I want to address.…
If I Click on the Effects tab, notice how it comes forward. If I Click on a…Project tab, notice how that comes forward. Yes, this is a Project tab and the…
Photography Video Workflow: Final Cut Pro + Canon 5D Mark II was created and produced by Frank Rohmer. We are honored to host his material in the lynda.com library.
- Preparing system hardware for editing HD footage
- Creating a Canon 5D Mark II project preset for HD video
- Transferring and importing Canon HD video files into Final Cut Pro
- Editing with three-point edits, drag and drop, and automated techniques
- Understanding transitions and filters for HD video
- Converting non-drop frame to drop frame for broadcasting
- Finishing a project out to DVD, Windows Media, Flash, or QuickTime