Join Steve Holyhead for an in-depth discussion in this video Marking clips and using the Timeline window, part of Migrating from Final Cut Pro 7 to Avid Media Composer 5.5.
Unless you're editing with animation or special effects clips, there are…probably many extra fines in your source material, compared with what will get…used in the final sequence.…So being able to confidently and quickly play, understand, and mark up clips for…inclusion in the cut is an essential skill for any editor.…In FCP the in and out point markers are down here on the recessed panel.…When I mark a clip in the source viewer, the duration of the clip marked is…displayed in the top left-hand corner.…
In Final Cut I can also drag my in and out point markers directly using the…cursor and now my duration has updated.…If I have a clip with audio, then I can go to the Stereo tab here to look in…more detail of my audio waveform.…If the level of the clip is too loud or too quiet, I can adjust it directly here.…(Wind blowing/white noise)…Down in the Timeline area, if I choose the Timeline pop-up window, it's here…that I can switch on Audio Waveforms.…
I can also go to the Audio Control button, open up my Audio Controls, and it's…
- Working with clips, bins, folders and the project window
- Customizing user settings and keyboard layout
- Importing video, audio, and graphics
- Accessing clips from other projects
- Comparing backup structure
- Organizing media and project assets
- Understanding media resolution and locations
- Editing in the timeline
- Mixing audio
- Compositing with keyframes
- Creating titles
- Color correcting footage
- Preparing and outputting master sequences
Skill Level Beginner
1. Comparing Interface and Application Basics
2. Understanding Media, Projects, and Levels of Organization
Comparing backup structure9m 51s
3. Taking Control of Media Composer
4. Linking, Importing, and Managing Media
5. Organizing, Viewing, Logging, and Searching
6. Understanding the Basics of Editing
7. Editing in the Timeline
8. Understanding Audio
9. Adding Effects and Finishing
10. Delivering Masters for Web, DVD, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.