Join Ashley Kennedy for an in-depth discussion in this video Manipulating speed with stutter edits, part of Commercial Editing Techniques with Final Cut Pro X v10.1.x.
- Okay, we've laid our audio bed…and we formed a cohesive visual structure,…we formed our four montage sections by flushing out content…in our creative sandbox space…and we've joined everything back up again.…Now it's time to start figuring out what else we can do…with the sequence and in this movie we'll explore…some techniques that will help us manipulate time…by performing different types of stutter edits.…Let's take a look, so I'm gonna go into…my pre-speed sequence here and in editing our montage…we've played with various contrasting shots,…but there's also a lot of matching action…which takes our smoothly through various series of motions.…
All in all it still feels rather fluid and I think…we might just want to stylize it a bit…with some speed effects.…I'm gonna come back to our stairs montage…and double click on this compound clip…and we can begin editing the clips inside here.…Everything is timed pretty well and flowing pretty smoothly…and now I wanna introduce some edge to it.…Now there are a few ways I can do this,…
Note: This course was updated to reflect the changes to Final Cut Pro X v. 10.1.x. Although the course was not re-recorded from scratch, we updated the applicable movies by adding text overlays to guide you through existing changes. We also updated the exercise files to work with the most current version of the software. Please watch the "Understanding this update and using the exercise files" movie to learn exactly what to expect from this updated course. Working with an earlier version of Final Cut Pro X? Watch Commercial Editing Techniques with Final Cut Pro X v10.0.9.
- What is commercial editing?
- Understanding the product's audience and intent
- Marking the best shots
- Laying out the visual structure
- Building an audio foundation
- Manipulating speed
- Adding transition effects
- Adding graphics, music, and voice-over
- Delivering the project and receiving feedback