Join Diana Weynand for an in-depth discussion in this video Making notes to capture observations, part of Effective Storytelling with Final Cut Pro X v10.0.9.
The more frequently you screen your footage the more details you'll observe…about each clip, and any one of those details could be an important key to…unlocking a part of your story.…One way to preserve your thoughts or observations is to add a note to a clip.…A note becomes part of a clip's metadata and is one of the search criteria…you can use to find it.…Let's look at the interviews and make sure we're looking at all of the clips so…that it's not hiding the rejected or showing just the favorites.…I'm going to choose to view this by list.…
Notice that we have two Paul clips, and they're labeled very simply Paul 1…and Paul 2.…And notice the framing of each clip is very similar.…He's in the same location, there might be a camera zoom that reframes slightly,…but Paul is still sitting in the exact same position.…So as you begin to edit your story you might look at these two clips and say to…yourself, which clip is the one where Paul talked about risk? Which is the one…where he talked about the love of coffee?…
- Identifying story elements
- Finding the essence of a story
- Importing folders and stills as keyword collections
- Using keywords to make clips accessible
- Prepping clips for editing
- Developing story diversity
- Sculpting the story within the timeline
- Fine-tuning edits
- Organizing separate story segments into independent storylines
- Recording a narration track
- Adding sound effects
- Applying effects to enhance story elements
- Adding freeze frames
Skill Level Intermediate
Premiere Pro CS5.5 New Featureswith David Basulto27m 7s Intermediate
1. Defining Your Story
2. Gathering Story Elements
3. Organizing Story Elements
4. Building a Primary Storyline
5. Refining the Story
6. Previsualizing in Final Cut to Help Write Your Story
7. Embellishing Your Story
8. Moving the Story Along
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.