With the 10.4 update to Apple Final Cut Pro X, there are a few small, but important changes that you need to be aware of. These are looping status, improved Optical Flow, and Canon Cinema Raw Light support. In this video, Nick Harauz walks you through these adjustments and how that impacts your workflow in Final Cut Pro X.
- [Instructor] In this movie, we're going to take a look…at four small but great changes…inside of Final Cut Pro 10.4,…the first being that called looping status.…So for awhile now in Final Cut,…you can of course mark a clip,…or you could mark a series of clips in your timeline.…I want to mark a clip by pressing the X key,…and I can press the question mark key…to play from the in to the out point.…Usually when I work in the timeline,…sometimes I like to have loop playback enabled…around my clip selection or range selection of clips,…and if you actually go to your view menu…under playback, you'll see that…there's an option for loop playback.…
You could of course activate this…with the keyboard shortcut command L.…Now, one thing to note about this is that…before Final Cut Pro 10.4, there was no warning…that you were in looped playback…and now there's a little status icon on the play symbol here…you can see here, this little round arrow,…which is letting us know that looped playback is enabled.…So I'm just going to press the question mark key…
- HEVC support
- HDR support
- Color correction
- Color Wheels and Color Curves
- Creating 360-degree video projects
- Virtual reality effects and titles
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/17/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: Camera RAW support and importing, creating, and exporting closed captions.
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Creating Speed Changeswith Jeff I. Greenberg44m 57s Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Blending Mode Secretswith Jeff I. Greenberg1h 17m Intermediate
1. Workflow Improvements
2. Color Workflow Additions
3. Virtual Reality Improvements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.