With the 10.4 update to Apple Final Cut Pro X, you can bring in custom Lookup Tables, or LUTs, and apply them to your video footage. This is especially useful for footage shot in a log or raw format. In this video, Nick Harauz walks you through how to apply custom LUTs to footage in Final Cut Pro X.
- [Instructor] Final Cut Pro 10.4 now allows you to…bring in custom LUTs or "Look-Up Tables",…and apply them to your video footage.…Especially, that video footage that was shot…with a particular color profile from, let's say,…a DSLR camera, or even something…that has a lot of information,…such something shot in a RAW or a log format,…as well as you can use LUTs which can be exported…from certain applications, and apply stylistic looks…to your clips.…
So one thing to note is, in Final Cut for a while,…there was a way to apply these pre-built camera LUTs…to your video footage.…But there were just a few of them.…And how you could access them on a clip…is you could select the clip of your choice,…and in the Inspector, if you changed the basic metadata view…to that of "General", one option here was to apply…a camera LUT or "Look-Up Table" to you footage.…And there were a bunch of built-in LUTs…applied by Final Cut Pro 10.…
Since I know this was shot with a Sony camera,…I could attempt to apply one of these color profiles…
- HEVC support
- HDR support
- Color correction
- Color Wheels and Color Curves
- Creating 360-degree video projects
- Virtual reality effects and titles
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/17/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: Camera RAW support and importing, creating, and exporting closed captions.
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Blending Mode Secretswith Jeff I. Greenberg1h 17m Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Creating Speed Changeswith Jeff I. Greenberg44m 57s Intermediate
1. Workflow Improvements
2. Color Workflow Additions
3. Virtual Reality Improvements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.