Join Ashley Kennedy for an in-depth discussion in this video Laying in the visual structure for the spot, part of Final Cut Pro X v10.1.x: Commercial Editing Techniques.
- Now that we've got the audio foundation laid in…we're ready to begin adding some visuals to our spot.…Before doing so, however, let's talk a little bit…about our plans for the commercial.…Now with our client, we've identified a little bit…about how the structure of this spot will be laid out.…In the last chapter, we learned from the style frames…and brand information that there are going to be…three hero shots that will be punctuating the spot.…Let me just jog your memory by showing you…the style frames that were drawn up.…OK, so we'll be choosing three shots…to send to a motion graphic artist…so that they can animate the H+ Sport logo…within the footage.…
It will have the logo and there will be…these little H+'s emanating from the athlete's core.…It's going to be very stylized,…very dramatic, lots of flair.…And, of course, they'll also be designing…a final shot of the bottle with the logo over it.…But as we know, we don't actually have…these shots from the motion graphics artist yet.…So we'll just be working with placeholder footage.…
Note: This course was updated to reflect the changes to Final Cut Pro X v. 10.1.x. Although the course was not re-recorded from scratch, we updated the applicable movies by adding text overlays to guide you through existing changes. We also updated the exercise files to work with the most current version of the software. Please watch the "Understanding this update and using the exercise files" movie to learn exactly what to expect from this updated course. Working with an earlier version of Final Cut Pro X? Watch Commercial Editing Techniques with Final Cut Pro X v10.0.9.
- What is commercial editing?
- Understanding the product's audience and intent
- Marking the best shots
- Laying out the visual structure
- Building an audio foundation
- Manipulating speed
- Adding transition effects
- Adding graphics, music, and voice-over
- Delivering the project and receiving feedback