Join Steve Holyhead for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing video, audio, and graphics, part of Migrating from Final Cut Pro 7 to Avid Media Composer 5.5.
In Media Composer, if we need to work with multimedia files that are not…supported for immediate linking via AMA then we will need to instead import the media.…Examples of media types that we might want to import to Media Composer will be…things like graphic files--…we can import a full variety, such as TIFF, JPEG, and layered…Photoshop documents--…Audio--MP3, AIFF and WAV--HDV.…Some HDV cameras shoot a file as well as to tape, producing M2T files, and…then we have AVCHD, which produces MTS files, OMFI for audio sequences coming…from an audio application.…
AAF, which reads complex sequences from various applications--it's really a…modern version of an EDL.…MXF, Media Composer can AMA-link to most MXF media, but there is also the option to import it too.…And then there is Windows Media for Windows-based systems only, and QuickTime.…Again, we have the choice to either AMA to H.264 animation ProRes and Avid…Codecs, but we can also import those files as well.…So remember, in Media Composer import means something very different to what it means in FCP.…
- Working with clips, bins, folders and the project window
- Customizing user settings and keyboard layout
- Importing video, audio, and graphics
- Accessing clips from other projects
- Comparing backup structure
- Organizing media and project assets
- Understanding media resolution and locations
- Editing in the timeline
- Mixing audio
- Compositing with keyframes
- Creating titles
- Color correcting footage
- Preparing and outputting master sequences
Skill Level Beginner
1. Comparing Interface and Application Basics
2. Understanding Media, Projects, and Levels of Organization
Comparing backup structure9m 51s
3. Taking Control of Media Composer
4. Linking, Importing, and Managing Media
5. Organizing, Viewing, Logging, and Searching
6. Understanding the Basics of Editing
7. Editing in the Timeline
8. Understanding Audio
9. Adding Effects and Finishing
10. Delivering Masters for Web, DVD, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.