Join Steve Holyhead for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing audio and input settings, part of Migrating from Final Cut Pro 7 to Avid Media Composer 5.5.
There are a great variety of ways to manage audio into Media Composer and this…is obviously a good thing because every project has different sources which need…to be corralled together into the master sequence, mixed, and then output…according to the final delivery specifications.…The main ways to get audio into Media Composer? First of all as a signal, second…of all as an AMA linked file, and thirdly, as an imported file.…So first, let's consider signal-based input.…If I go to the tools menu and choose the Capture tool,…Command+7, you can see here that we've got our ability to choose what audio…input that we're currently using, and also which tracks we'd like to capture or input.…
We can also choose to group mono tracks together as stereo tracks on capture.…Now, at the moment I don't have any hardware attached to my system, so my only…choice is to use the Host- 1394 port for DV-based capture.…But if I had some hardware attached to my system that could accept bass band…signals, they would show up here too, and I would be able to choose which signal…
- Working with clips, bins, folders and the project window
- Customizing user settings and keyboard layout
- Importing video, audio, and graphics
- Accessing clips from other projects
- Comparing backup structure
- Organizing media and project assets
- Understanding media resolution and locations
- Editing in the timeline
- Mixing audio
- Compositing with keyframes
- Creating titles
- Color correcting footage
- Preparing and outputting master sequences
Skill Level Beginner
1. Comparing Interface and Application Basics
2. Understanding Media, Projects, and Levels of Organization
Comparing backup structure9m 51s
3. Taking Control of Media Composer
4. Linking, Importing, and Managing Media
5. Organizing, Viewing, Logging, and Searching
6. Understanding the Basics of Editing
7. Editing in the Timeline
8. Understanding Audio
9. Adding Effects and Finishing
10. Delivering Masters for Web, DVD, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.