When Apple made the 10.4 update to Final Cut Pro X, 360 agree footage was gaining in popularity. In 10.4, Apple made it easier to import 360 footage and create 360 projects. In this video, Nick Harauz walks you through how to bring and edit in 360 footage, and create 360 projects in Final Cut Pro.
- [Instructor] In this movie we're going to take a look…at importing a 360 clip and creating a 360 project inside…of Final Cut Pro 10.4.…I am here in my Final Cut Pro library…and I have a new event created, ready to import some media.…And I'm just going to navigate here to my desktop,…where I know I have some 360 files.…So I'm just going to click on the desktop and head…to this folder called Meditation Movie where I have a clip…on meditation, and the first thing that I know, besides the…equirectangular view that you see here of the space,…so you can picture this sort of distorted view…as this image, if this image was wrapped around a globe,…this is what it's meant for, like the flat map of the earth.…
Another great sign that this is 360 footage is the badge…that's put on the top left-hand corner of this clip,…allowing you to know that it is a 360 clip.…I have another clip here, a Washington clip.…Both of these clips were filmed with the GoPro Omni rig,…and I stitched them together using GoPro's color software,…
- HEVC support
- HDR support
- Color correction
- Color Wheels and Color Curves
- Creating 360-degree video projects
- Virtual reality effects and titles
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/17/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: Camera RAW support and importing, creating, and exporting closed captions.
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Blending Mode Secretswith Jeff I. Greenberg1h 17m Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Creating Speed Changeswith Jeff I. Greenberg44m 57s Intermediate
1. Workflow Improvements
2. Color Workflow Additions
3. Virtual Reality Improvements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.