The Color Inspector inside of Apple Final Cut Pro X allows you to work with color in a brand new way. It allows access to the properties of the color board and many different types of curves. In this video, Nick Harauz walks you through how to use the Hue and Saturation curves found in the Color Inspector in Final Cut Pro X.
- [Instructor] So, we've taken a look…at color wheels and color curves…and now we're about to look at hue and saturation curves.…One thing to keep in mind is that we can of course…go to our color inspector by pressing command six…and adding a hue and saturation curve adjustment here.…However, if you decide to do this from the effect browser,…which we can also do,…so if I go over to the effect browser…and go to my color category,…just to keep in mind there are two…hue and saturation effects,…if you want access to the curves,…you want to select the hue and saturation curves effect.…
I'll just drag and drop that to the first clip here…in the timeline.…Notice that because this clip is selected…in my color inspector,…I can see my hue and saturation controls.…Currently the view is set to a six curve layout,…of course I can change that to single view…and then I have a pane based system.…For this case I'm just going to go back…to my six curve layout.…So, here we can see the first curve that I'll mention,…which is the hue versus hue curve.…
- HEVC support
- HDR support
- Color correction
- Color Wheels and Color Curves
- Creating 360-degree video projects
- Virtual reality effects and titles
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/17/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: Camera RAW support and importing, creating, and exporting closed captions.
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Blending Mode Secretswith Jeff I. Greenberg1h 17m Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Creating Speed Changeswith Jeff I. Greenberg44m 57s Intermediate
1. Workflow Improvements
2. Color Workflow Additions
3. Virtual Reality Improvements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.