Something added to Apple Final Cut Pro X with the 10.4 update is the ability to work with High Dynamic Range, or HDR, video. HDR video allows you to have more latitude in the colors and detail of your footage. In this video, Nick Harauz walks you through how to work with HDR footage in Final Cut Pro X.
- [Instructor] In this movie, we're going to talk about…some of the new additions in Final Cut Pro 10.4…for working with HDR video.…So, for a while now, cameras have had the ability to…capture, video cameras in particular, a high dynamic range.…Sometimes it's 14 stops of dynamic range,…that's from the darkest black point…to the brightest highlight.…And when we view these high dynamic range images on screens,…it's been displays were kind of crushed down,…so it hasn't had the ability to…show on display monitors…high dynamic range images…or all the detail and data that was captured by it.…
Now, many more monitors and televisions…have the capabilities of showing and displaying HDR images…and Final Cut has a response for an HDR workflow…to get your video from your camera,…that was recorded in a Log or a Raw format,…all the way to your designated HDR television screen…or monitor, depending on your workflow.…How you start to work with HDR…has to start right at the library level.…
What you want to do is create a library…
- HEVC support
- HDR support
- Color correction
- Color Wheels and Color Curves
- Creating 360-degree video projects
- Virtual reality effects and titles
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/17/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: Camera RAW support and importing, creating, and exporting closed captions.
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Blending Mode Secretswith Jeff I. Greenberg1h 17m Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Creating Speed Changeswith Jeff I. Greenberg44m 57s Intermediate
1. Workflow Improvements
2. Color Workflow Additions
3. Virtual Reality Improvements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.