With the release of Apple iOS 11 comes a new way to record video files. High Efficiency Video Coding, also known as HEVC or H.265, is supported on the iPhone 7 and up. It is also supported by Apple Final Cut Pro X for import and export. In this video, Nick Harauz walks you through how to work with HEVC/H.265 files in Final Cut Pro X.
- With the latest release of iOS 11,…comes a new way to record video files.…High Efficiency Video Coding, or H.265,…is now supported on the iPhone 7 and up.…This same format is supported…in Final Cut Pro X for import and export.…Now let's see how we can work with these files.…With the release of iOS 11 comes the advent of HEVC,…or which referred to as High Efficiency Video Codec,…otherwise known as H.265.…
Eventually, this might be the preferred delivery method,…especially with the advent of 4K…video footage being distributed online.…This is just a highly, much more efficient codec…than that of its predecessor, H.264.…So if you have an iPhone 7 or above, basically,…if you download the new iOS, iOS version 11,…you'll have access to this now High Efficiency Video Codec,…which is what will be used to capture your video content.…
So, I have my iPhone connected here,…and the new feature inside Final Cut Pro 10.4…is the support for the HEVC format.…To bring some of this in, I'm going to import some media…into this event that you see here, this blank event,…
- HEVC support
- HDR support
- Color correction
- Color Wheels and Color Curves
- Creating 360-degree video projects
- Virtual reality effects and titles
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/17/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: Camera RAW support and importing, creating, and exporting closed captions.
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Creating Speed Changeswith Jeff I. Greenberg44m 57s Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Blending Mode Secretswith Jeff I. Greenberg1h 17m Intermediate
1. Workflow Improvements
2. Color Workflow Additions
3. Virtual Reality Improvements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.