One of the main elements of the Color Correction effect and Color Correction workspace in Apple Final Cut Pro X is the Color Board. What are some helpful keyboard shortcuts that can help speed up your color workflow? In this video, author Nick Harauz gives you keyboard shortcuts that you can use when you color grade footage in Final Cut Pro X.
- Since we'll be using color correction effects…so often in this course, it will be helpful…to use some shortcut keys…currently mapped to our default keyboard…as well as commands we can add…to help us with our color correction workflow.…So I'm here in my chapter 1A project…which you can find in your event browser…simply by showing and hiding the browser…and heading to your projects event…under the chapter one folder and double clicking it.…So this movie's all about making your color workflow…in Final Cut better.…
So far in a lot of movies what we've done is…select a clip and we've headed to our color inspector…which we did access with a keyboard shortcut, command six,…but every time that we added a correction,…we selected it from this list.…What you should note is that every single one of these…corrections can be keyboard mapped.…In fact, another thing that you know…is that where this says no corrections here…and you start with your color board by default.…You can actually change this in preferences.…So the first thing I want to do before we hop into…
Note: This version covers the October 2018 update to Final Cut Pro X, including new features such as the comparison view, auditions, compound clips, Photoshop LUTs, exporting to Resolve, and more.
- Using and customizing a color correction workspace
- Making basic corrections
- Previewing adjustments with auditions
- Fixing white balance
- Color matching shots
- Adjusting curves
- Creating a secondary color selection
- Combining shape and color masks
- Applying creative looks with color correction presets
- Creating lookup tables (LUTs) in Photoshop
- Applying filmic looks and effects
- Working with HDR video
Skill Level Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Online OfflIne Workflowswith Jeff I. Greenberg49m 30s Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Creating Speed Changeswith Jeff I. Greenberg44m 57s Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X v10.1.x: Effective Storytellingwith Diana Weynand3h 53m Intermediate
1. Evaluating and Adjusting Images
2. Making Basic Corrections
3. Working with Curves
Adjusting curves7m 51s
4. Making Secondary Corrections
5. Making Creative Corrections
6. Working with Raw Video
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.