Join Steve Holyhead for an in-depth discussion in this video Hardware and software requirements for this course, part of Migrating from Final Cut Pro 7 to Avid Media Composer 5.5.
Okay, before we dive in, let's talk about some of the things that we need to…have in place in order to do the course properly.…You are going to need access to a Mac laptop or workstation which meets or…exceeds the minimum system requirements for Media Composer.…You can find the system requirements on avid.com and while you are on avid.com,…you'll also need to download and then install the 30-day free trial of the…latest version of Avid Media Composer.…In addition, if you are going to be loading material from popular file based…cameras such as Sony XDcam, Panasonic P2, RED or Arri Alexa, then you'll also…need to download and install the AMA plug-ins.…
Ideally, you will also have an external media drive that is FireWire 800 or faster. …Otherwise you can use your Mac hard drive, although this is not a…recommended configuration and performance may suffer.…White you're on avid.com, check out the community forums.…There is plenty of help available there both from other users of this software…as well as tips and tricks and other videos.…
- Working with clips, bins, folders and the project window
- Customizing user settings and keyboard layout
- Importing video, audio, and graphics
- Accessing clips from other projects
- Comparing backup structure
- Organizing media and project assets
- Understanding media resolution and locations
- Editing in the timeline
- Mixing audio
- Compositing with keyframes
- Creating titles
- Color correcting footage
- Preparing and outputting master sequences
Skill Level Beginner
1. Comparing Interface and Application Basics
2. Understanding Media, Projects, and Levels of Organization
Comparing backup structure9m 51s
3. Taking Control of Media Composer
4. Linking, Importing, and Managing Media
5. Organizing, Viewing, Logging, and Searching
6. Understanding the Basics of Editing
7. Editing in the Timeline
8. Understanding Audio
9. Adding Effects and Finishing
10. Delivering Masters for Web, DVD, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.