This course takes a deep dive into the popular phrase "Fix it in Post" for all things color related and how to work in Final Cut Pro X and beyond. In this course, join author Nick Harauz as he demonstrates a wide range of tools in Final Cut Pro X that can help you color correct your footage and add a stylized look.
- Our journey into the world of color correction…in Final Cut Pro 10 has come to an end.…I hope these movies have given everyone some insight…on the powerful and flexible tool sets available…for color correcting images.…In this course, we've gotten more comfortable…with reading videoscopes and learned how…to analyze them so that we can perform corrections…through the color inspector.…We also become familiar with enhancing…our understanding of effects and tools available…for creative correction.…I'm Nick Harauz and thanks for watching.…
For more information about Final Cut Pro,…check out my weekly series and classes under FCP10 Guru.…
Note: This version covers the October 2018 update to Final Cut Pro X, including new features such as the comparison view, auditions, compound clips, Photoshop LUTs, exporting to Resolve, and more.
- Using and customizing a color correction workspace
- Making basic corrections
- Previewing adjustments with auditions
- Fixing white balance
- Color matching shots
- Adjusting curves
- Creating a secondary color selection
- Combining shape and color masks
- Applying creative looks with color correction presets
- Creating lookup tables (LUTs) in Photoshop
- Applying filmic looks and effects
- Working with HDR video
Skill Level Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X v10.1.x: Effective Storytellingwith Diana Weynand3h 53m Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Creating Speed Changeswith Jeff I. Greenberg44m 57s Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Online OfflIne Workflowswith Jeff I. Greenberg49m 30s Intermediate
1. Evaluating and Adjusting Images
2. Making Basic Corrections
3. Working with Curves
Adjusting curves7m 51s
4. Making Secondary Corrections
5. Making Creative Corrections
6. Working with Raw Video
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.