Directing the viewer to - or back to - Mike Towe’s title for the audio layback process in Final Cut Pro X
- [Joe] If you want to see the layback process…for the composite mix or the DME stems in Final Cut Pro,…check out the companion title to this one…by editor Mike Towe.…That brings us to the end of this title on using Logic…for audio post.…Whether you're a musician currently using Logic for music…and looking for opportunities in sound design and mixing,…or you're already a post-production mixer,…currently using Pro Tools or Nuendo or something else,…or you're brand-new to audio post,…I hope this title helps you to get familiar…with how to use Logic in post.…
Thanks to my collaborator, Mike Towe.…Thanks again to the Grommets for letting us use the clip.…I'm Joe Godfrey, wishing you happy mixing.…
Award-winning sound designer Joe Godfrey has developed a system for handing off the dialog, music, and effects mix from a Final Cut Pro timeline to Logic Pro. Why Logic? Many of the tools the Final Cut editor is using began there, and Logic has great tools that can be applied to dialog, music, and effects, as well the final mix. There are some things you want to do—in the right order—and some common mistakes you want to avoid. This course covers them all. Learn how to import audio from Final Cut Pro X in Logic Pro X, fix any syncing issues, edit dialog to perfection, add special effects such as pitch shifting and automated EQ, enhance music, and bounce out the final mix, either as a composite track or stems that can be mastered separately.
- Importing AAF, OMF, and XML files
- Configuring your workspace
- Recognizing and solving sync issues
- Adding markers
- Mixing on the fly vs at the end
- Fixing dialog levels
- Fixing dialog texture and ambience
- Automating EQ parameters
- Autopunch for dialog and Foley
- Special effects (SFX) replacement and enhancement
- Finishing the mix: compression and limiting
- Export options: Composite vs. stems
- Archiving a project
Skill Level Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Sync Sound Workflowwith Jeff I. Greenberg51m 44s Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X & Logic Pro X: 1 Audio Post Workflowwith Michael Towe1h 11m Intermediate
1. Choosing Logic Pro for Audio Post
2. Building the Template
3. Editing the Dialog Clips
4. Special Effects (SFX) for the Movie
5. Mixing and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.